COVID-19 update 29 September 2021
Current cases in Greater Geelong & Surfcoast as at 29/09 -25, Vaccination rates for the COGG – 1st vaccination 86.5% and 2nd vaccination 56.5%.
With care directives from the State Government remaining as they are until 21 October 2021, our attention has turned to what the situation will look like with the easing of restrictions as the vaccination rates continue to increase. We remain concerned that the time up until Christmas will be very challenging as COVID positive cases increase and exposure sites expand. Our 103 Residents remain our highest priority and with your support and the work of our amazing staff, we have up until now kept them safe.
Pod visits will resume from Monday the 4th of October as follows:
Monday 4 October Borrela House & Gerda’s House
Tuesday 5 October Mary Costa House
Wednesday 6 October Annie O’Malley House
Thursday 7 October Borrela House & Gerda’s House
Friday 8 October Mary Costa House
Saturday 9 October Annie O’Malley House
Sunday 10 October Borrela House & Gerda’s House
Monday 11 October Mary Costa House
Tuesday 12 October Annie O’Malley House
Wednesday 13 October Borrela House & Gerda’s House
Bookings can be made by ringing reception on 5279 6800 during business hours. Time table for Pod visits from Monday is as follows between 10.00am–11:30am and 1.00pm-3.00pm
However, if and when visiting restrictions ease, and with the support of the Directors of the Board, we will be introducing the following measures:
• Visits will be re-introduced on a house-by-house basis but need to be booked at least one business day prior to the visit – maximum of 2 visitors per day – these can be 2×1 person visits if wished. All visitors must go straight to the Resident’s Room (no common indoor areas) and masks must be worn at all times;
• All visitors must provide evidence of vaccination status before entry (this will only need to be provided once);
• Usual screening processes will apply before entry;
• Unvaccinated visitors will be required to undertake a Rapid Antigen Test (at a cost of $20) prior to entry;
• For end-of-life visits, maximum of 2 visitors will not apply, but unvaccinated visitors will be required to undertake a Rapid Antigen Test, at no cost;
• Pod visits will remain available, seven days per week but will need to be booked;
• We strongly discourage unvaccinated Residents leaving the facility, but if they do so, they will be required to have a nasal swab on return.
Further details on how the above will work logistically will be provided to you over the coming weeks.
We thank you for your support and acknowledge the great effort by our staff to keep your loved ones safe.
Take care everyone, and please continue to wash those hands x 2, keep on social distancing, and QR coding everywhere!!
29 September 2021